SSRI > Projects
- Hawai‘i Coral Reef Initiative Research Program (HCRI-RP)
The Hawaii Coral Reef Initiative Research Program (HCRI-RP) was established in 1998. Our goal is to increase understanding of our valuable, yet vulnerable, nearshore reef ecosystem. We also fund scientific research and monitoring in order to advance effective resource management within our state.
- Hazards, Climate, & Environment Program (HCEP)
The Hazards, Climate & Environment Program (HCEP) works with local and regional stakeholders and experts in physical and biological science, engineering, and social and cultural knowledge to assess risk and vulnerability from hazards, climate and environmental degradation, and to develop risk reduction methods to build resilient communities.
- Research and Evaluation in Public Safety Project (REPS)
The REPS team provides technical assistance and consultation to the Hawaii State Department of Public Safety (PSD) in areas of: definition and collection of data to measure PSD’s goals, objectives, and activities; program evaluation; training and performance improvement; grant development and management; and collection of health care quality improvement indicators.
- Crime, Drug Abuse, Youth Problems, and Poverty
- Culture, Language and Social Problems
- Health Services and Health Policy
- Mentoring STRIDE Project
- Resource Management, Sustainable Development, and Futures Research
- HRSA/America Samoa Project